Lilí Lighthouse News
- February 2018
We have had an exciting January with our field trips to the Balboa Island Ferry, Irvine Regional Park and Orange County Zoo. Thank you to the parents who were able to join us. This month we will be learning about Community Helpers, Health & Nutrition and Our Bodies! Our Bible story emphasis will focus on learning to love others, showing kindness, how to share and how to be a friend. The dentist will be sharing with us, we will celebrate Valentine’s Day at our parties, and practicing for our upcoming Spring Sing. Busy month!!
We want to clarify our birthday guidelines as we have many winter and spring birthdays to schedule. The teacher will notify you in advance when they have scheduled a day for your child’s birthday celebration. We will do our best to schedule it close to the actual birth date but may not be able to do it on the exact day. You can bring in a special treat for the class, stay for snack time and then read your child’s favorite book (from home).
* Please check the calendar for all of the events this month. If you have questions about anything, please feel free to ask!!
* Tuition is due on the 1st. THANKS for your promptness!
* Chancy and Bruce Kindergarten Readiness screening will be held on January 29th, January 31st, and February 2nd . Results will be available on February 15th from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. in the Family Room (formerly Faith Café) (PARENTS ONLY PLEASE). PLEASE plan to attend that evening as critical information will be given out in helping you understand the results and readiness of your child for Kindergarten. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!
* PJ Day February 15th & 16th - wear PJ’s to school! (TK on Friday)
* Valentine parties will be held on the 13th (2 day) 14th (3 day & TK). The theme for the parties is “God Loves Us All.” The children will be exchanging Valentines to everyone in the class. PLEASE DO NOT put a name on the envelope but have your child sign his/her name (with help if needed) on the Valentine itself for easy distribution on party day -THANKS! Valentines need to come in at drop-off time.
- Mrs. Grantham’s MWF class needs to bring 18 valentines + 3 teachers
- Mrs. Grantham’s TTH class needs 18 + 3 teachers
- Mrs. Schneider’s TK class needs 23 + 3 teachers
- Mrs. Stewart’s MWFclass needs 19 + 3 teachers
- Mrs. Stewart’s TTH class needs 19 + 3 teachers
- Mr. Stack’s TTH class needs 15 + 3 teachers
- Mr. Stack’s MWF class needs 15 + 3 teachers
* Presidents’ Birthday holidays will be on February 19th & 20th - enjoy the days off with your little one!
* Share days are on the 22nd and 23rd this month-check the curriculum for appropriate items to share!
* Priority Re-enrollment officially begins February 1st and goes through March 14th for the 2018-19 school year. Please watch for a packet coming home in your child’s backpack. You may turn your paperwork in along with your registration check, as soon as you complete it (You do not need to wait). We will not be accepting partial paperwork. If you are a 3-day parent and you are considering TK, or have an upcoming sibling starting in September and need a packet, see Mrs. Choi.
* TK Information meeting- February 28 th at 9AM (after drop off) in the Worship Center
* Raingear is required (boots, raincoats with hoods – no umbrellas, please) for rainy days so children can stay dry when crossing the street. Thanks!
* Please have your child bring his/her “backpack” to preschool everyday. Always keep an extra set of LABELED clothes (underwear, shirt, pants or shorts and socks) in a zip lock bag inside the pail in case of toileting “accidents” or water play spills. Check your child’s pail DAILY for Art projects, notes and forms!
* Please contact the preschool office if you have a change of address, phone, or authorized “pick-up” person or if your child is sick!
* When signing in/out, PLEASE SIGN YOUR CHILD’S FULL NAME AND YOUR FULL NAME and the times of drop off/pick up on the sheet. ONLY THOSE PEOPLE YOU HAVE LISTED ON YOUR AUTHORIZATION SHEET WILL BE ALLOWED TO PICK YOUR CHILD UP!
* Please remember to send your child in closed-toe shoes and play clothes. No crocs please.
* Please be prompt in picking your child up everyday and REMEMBER TO SIGN YOUR CHILD OUT as this is a state requirement! THANKS!! We will be enforcing our late pick-up policy as outlined in our Parent Handbook! Thanks for being considerate to your child!
* Lighthouse Coastal Community Church meets every Sunday at 10:00 a.m. Sunday school and Nursery care are provided during the service. We would love you to join us!
* As part of our master plan agreement with the City of Costa Mesa, it is mandatory that all parents and visitors park in the main church parking lot at all times. The parking lot barriers will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. – our normal business hours. The lot will also be opened for any special activities as needed between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. No activities will take place in the parking lot after 11:00 p.m. or before 7:00 a.m. You are required to walk your child through the side door of the Worship Center and sign him/her in and out on the sheet provided daily. The preschool staff will be there to welcome and dismiss your child to you or an authorized adult. If you arrive early for any session, please keep your child with you in the car until it is time to sign him/her in. Should you arrive late for drop off or plan to pick your child up early from the classroom, please park in the main church parking lot and walk him/her across the street at the designated crosswalk on the corner of Magnolia St. and Santa Ana Ave. only. Please help us in honoring Lil’ Lighthouse Preschool’s agreement with the City of Costa Mesa in following these procedures.
case of a blackout or
emergency disaster, or
if you cannot reach us
on the landline, we
will have a cell phone
turned on for you to
contact us. Please
note the number and
keep it in a
Please do not leave
voicemails on this
Feb 1st – March 14th – Re-enrollment for priority families; turn in your completed packets along with your registration fee anytime during the 2 week priority time to ensure a space for fall enrollment.
March – 7 - Trike-a-thon Fundraiser for 3 day
March 8 - Trike-a-thon Fundraiser for 2 day
March 9 - Trike-a-thon Fundraiser for 5 day (TK)
March 15 – Open Enrollment Begins for new families
March 15 & 16 - Captain Carl- Mobile Tide Pool
March 28 & 29 – Easter Parties
March 30 – Good Friday - closed
“A friend loves at all times.” Proverbs 17:17 Have a fantastic February! We love and appreciate you.
Blessings and Hugs,
Mrs. Marge Menashe